Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fallout: Equestria

You have probably heard of this story, it is the outstanding literary achievement of our fandom, it is a story that is amazing beyond words. At least beyond my words, considering that it did have to be written.

This is the tale of LittlePip and her friends (how angry she'd be at me for using that title) as they journey across the Equestrian wasteland on a quest to mend the broken country and prove that there is still good in ponies. It tells of her struggles, her shortcomings and failures, of her will to save ponies even at the cost of herself, of battles won only at a great price and those who gave their lives in the fight, of the mistakes that were made when 6 friends were separated long ago, and of hope that things can still be the way they once were. It tells of LittlePip's final sacrifice and her leap of faith for all ponykind. 

I had never read a fan fiction that brought me to care as much for original characters as I do for the canon characters from MLP FiM, until I opened the pages of Fallout: Equestria. LittlePip, Calamity, Velvet Remedy, SteelHooves, and so many more, are friends that I will keep close to my heart for the rest of my life. 

And yes, it is 1500 pages. It took me three weeks to read, and it was worth every second.

LittlePip:

If I'm going to tell you about the adventure of my life, explain how I got to this place with these people, and why I did what I'm going to do next, I should probably start by explaining a little bit about PipBucks. 

Read Fallout: Equestria by Kkat


No comments:

Post a Comment